Tips for you and your home while you stay at home.
Authorities have urged the general public to stay at home to prevent the spread of Covid-19, making most people self-quarantine themselves at home.
While you are at it, why not make your home clutter-free and snazzy?
Interior stylist Bhawana Bhatnagar, who has founded Casa Exotique, has these tips for you and your home in the lockdown.
1. During self-isolation, try to ensure that your house is not cluttered. Given that this situation is going to prevail for a while, it would be smart to make your home clutter-free and spacious, so that you don’t get crippled by an overwhelming feeling of claustrophobia. Free up some spaces where the family can gather to play games and do interesting activities together.
2. These days, you have a lot of free time, you can thoroughly check the attic or store. There are enough chances that you will something interesting that you were searching for years. By mending some old decor pieces, you can easily turn the trash in to treasure and can give a vintage look to your home, incorporating memories into your present.
3. Turn your bedroom into an art gallery, library, or a sports complex. Whatever be your choice, try to make your home as lively as possible with some classic posters, paintings, and heirloom decor pieces if you have some. Also, since it is not possible to go out, one thing we can do is to bring the outside in. By placing plants inside the house, and nurturing your garden, add natural charm to the surroundings.
4. Colours can have a huge impact on creativity, so be very conscious when choosing colours. It shouldn’t be so drab that makes you fall asleep, but it also shouldn’t so stark that it agitates you – somewhere in the middle is perfection. Usually, shades of blue or yellow are great for boosting productivity.
5. For the bedroom, as the summers are approaching, you need to create a calm, cool environment. Placing a floral headboard above your bed is a great idea. You can also hang a light canopy from the ceiling for a royal vibe.
6. Usually, people spend the maximum time in the living room during the day, it is most important to ensure there is plenty of circulation space and the area is free of clutter. Whatever you don’t need and is just sitting there collecting dust, needs to be stowed away.
7. Placing houseplants is also a great idea as it makes the place feel fresh and natural.
Click here to read more news from @khaleejtimes