I am an Indian national working in Kuwait for the past 7 years. I am planning to bring a maid from my country India. I heard that we cannot hire same nationality, is it true? If not what is the procedures to apply for a visa in my own sponsorship.
My wife is also working and our total salary will be around KD 1,250. Please advise the procedures accordingly.
Answer: Under the laws of Kuwait, foreigners, with the exception of some Arabs, cannot hire the services of domestic workers except with the expressed approval of the Ministry of Interior.
The proceeding not withstanding such approvals are made with the proviso that the expatriate whose application has been approved, can only hire a maid of a different nationality as the sponsor.
The following are the procedures involved in applying to sponsor a maid after receiving the go-ahead from the Ministry of the Interior.
- Salary certificates of you and your wife (if the latter is working)
- Photocopy of the house rented agreement
- Photocopy of your passport and wife’s
- Proof of ages of children (photocopy of local birth certificates or passport)
- Photocopy of you Civil ID and wife’s 6. Photocopy of the maid’s passport plus eight passport sized photos 7. Photocopy of the maid’s work contract (salary, weekly off, period of work and air ticket are a must to mention) When you obtain the visa from the Immigration Department, you need to send it to the maid for further formalities to be done in the country of origin.
The maid has to go to the Kuwait Embassy in her country where she will be told where to go and do her medicals.
A plane ticket will be sent to the maid after she successfully goes through the medicals for her onward journey to Kuwait when she will again go through further formalities before getting her residence permit stamped in her passport after which she will finally apply for a Civil ID card and become a legal resident in Kuwait.
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com