Four girls and three boys aged between 5 and 15 died of smoke inhalation at their house.
A mother has appeared at the Dibba Al Fujairah Court on charges of manslaughter as she locked up her seven kids who suffocated to death in a fire at their house two years ago.
According to the charges, she had locked up all her seven kids in a room and they could not escape from heavy smoke and poisonous carbon dioxide that filled the bedroom.
Court records showed that the kids were sleeping in their room when the fire started at 4.50am.
They tried to run out of the house, but could not and breathed their last in their smoke-filled bedroom.
The firefighters alerted of the mishap, rushed to the scene in record time, and tried hard to rescue the kids, but in vain.
The tragic fire, which led to the death of four girls and three boys, aged five to 15, was one of the main reasons for launching a nationwide campaign to install smoke detectors in all houses.
The court adjourned the case to October 18.
Click here to read more news from @khaleejtimes