CAIRO, 13 August 2019:EFA officials are set to announce the new coach for the Egyptian national team after settling on Five names to choose one of them in order to lead the Egyptian football national team in the next period.
Egypt was eliminated from the 16th round of AFCON as South Africa won the game 1-0 thanks to a late goal from their winger, ThembinkosiLorch. Following the game, Egyptian Football Association President Hany Abo Rida sacked the Egyptian national team coaching staff on the early hours of Sunday. Abo Rida, as well as many board members, resigned from their position.
Football Federation officials continued that the final names are EhabGalal, Hossam Al-Badri, TalatYousef, Hassan Shehata and Tarek el Ashry.
1 – Hassan Shehata
Former coach of the Egyptian team
– Previously won with the team in the African Nations Cup in 2006 -2008 – 2010
– Won the African Youth Championship in 2003
– Former coach of Al-Ahly Club
– He won 3 league titles, one African Champions League title and one Sudanese league title with Al-Mareekh.
– Current coach of Al Masry club
– Previously coached Zamalek, Enppi and Misr Al Makassah.Heachieved outstanding results with Misr Al Makassah and led to participate in the African Champions League for the first time in its history.
4 Tariq Ashry
– Coach of Haras El Hedoud
– he achieved tournaments with Haras El Hedoud, including winning the Egyptian Cup and the Egyptian Super, as well as third place with his team in the league season 2007 and participation in the Confederation, and took charge of Enppi and Ahli Bani Ghazi Libyan.
5 Talaat Youssef
– Coach of Ittihad Alexandria
EFA settled on choosing the new coach after Eid Al Adha vacation. Egypt will play the 2021 AFCON qualifiers & 2022 World Cup qualifiers.