- Concerns with Scheduling, Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Motivating, Controlling, Performance standard, Work methods, Quality control, Material handling.
- In absence of Engineering Department, production manager will manage all engineering activities around the plant.
- Establishes and implement turnaround and accuracy standard.
- Train new department supervisors, and assists with any technical problems.
- Prepares and submits reports to the General Manager.
- Design an Operating Decisions Such as forecasting: Set up production, yearly / monthly / weekly / daily.
- Production & service: Meet the require product specification and quality and production services as need it.
- Inventory management: Control and supervise inventory transaction for work in project.
- Material Planning: Coordinate with purchasing department for material panning ( GIT ).
- Scheduling: Direct and supervises production system schedule.
- Quality assurance: Supervise quality assurance and training of staff.
- The Production Manager’s Responsibility in Planning & Organizing
- Establish goals and objectives.
- Plan human resources for production operations.
- Plan material resources, such as facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Plan time resources for workers, and supervisors.
- Coordinate with purchasing dept. for material planning and
- Managing Safety at the Plant:
- Implementing company safety policy.
- Analyze, Investigate, and Report causes of accidents.
- Developing safety awareness.
- Observing and Inspecting.
- Interacting with the human resources department. .
- Forecasting work-force requirements.
- Designing job descriptions, and specifications.
- Screening applicants, Interviewing, and Selecting.
Training: Moving production staff to productive status. Identifying training needs for new systems, equipment, and processes. Train Salespeople on products specifications. The Production Manager’s Responsibility in Motivating: Maintain a motivational climate at the plant. Maintain positive employee’s attitudes and high morale. Controlling: Setting standards. Observing and Measuring Performance. Comparing Results to Plan. Taking Corrective Action. Cost Control: Setting costing standards. Cooperate with finance Department to Fix a Standard cost and Variable Cost.