WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_options`

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM gfnews_terms AS t INNER JOIN gfnews_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id INNER JOIN gfnews_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag', 'post_format', 'yst_prominent_words') AND tr.object_id IN (295976) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Global consortium to invest record Dh76B in Adnoc’s gas pipelines - News - Gulflance

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_options`

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_options`

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_options`

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_options`

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_options`

11.6 C
Kuwait City
January 21, 2021
Gulflance
Home » Global consortium to invest record Dh76B in Adnoc’s gas pipelines – News
Uncategorized

Global consortium to invest record Dh76B in Adnoc’s gas pipelines – News

Source link


The consortium will take a 49% stake in Adnoc Gas Pipeline Assets while Adnoc will retain the remaining 51%, maintaining full operating control.

Some of the world’s leading infrastructure investors, sovereign wealth funds and pension funds have signed a $20.7-billion (Dh76 billion) agreement to invest in Abu Dhabi’s gas pipelines. The region’s largest energy infrastructure deal, the transaction will result in upfront proceeds of over $10 billion to the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc).

Adnoc said on Tuesday that it has entered into an agreement with a consortium of investors comprising Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), Brookfield Asset Management, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board (Ontario Teachers’), NH Investment & Securities and Snam, which will invest in a set of Adnoc’s gas pipeline assets valued at $20.7 billion.

“We are pleased to once again partner with some of the world’s leading global infrastructure and institutional investors in what marks the region’s largest energy infrastructure investment,” said Dr. Sultan Al Jaber, UAE Minister of State and CEO of Adnoc Group.  

The consortium will take a 49 per cent stake in Adnoc Gas Pipeline Assets, a newly formed subsidiary of Adnoc with lease rights to 38 pipelines which connect Adnoc’s upstream assets to local UAE customers. The pipelines cover a span of 982.3km and Adnoc will retain the remaining 51 per cent majority stake, maintaining full operating control over the assets.

The UAE holds the world’s sixth-largest natural gas reserves. Adnoc’s gas strategy aims to meet in-country gas demand and support the UAE in achieving gas self-sufficiency.

Adnoc will lease its ownership interest in the assets to its subsidiary, Adnoc Gas Pipelines, for 20 years in return for a volume-based tariff subject to a floor and a cap. The new subsidiary will distribute 100 per cent of free cash to the investors in the form of quarterly dividends. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals.

Ownership of the pipelines, management of pipeline operations, and all responsibility for associated operational and capital expenditures will remain with Adnoc. For Adnoc’s partners, this transaction represents an opportunity to invest in quality energy infrastructure assets with a low-risk profile that generate stable cash flows.

This agreement is the largest transaction since Adnoc announced the expansion of its partnership and investment model in 2017, which aims to unlock value for Adnoc. Since then, Adnoc has entered the debt capital markets for the first time, issuing a $3 billion bond backed by the Abu Dhabi Crude Oil Pipeline; partially floated Adnoc Distribution, the first-ever IPO of an Adnoc Group company; and entered into several strategic partnerships in its drilling, refining, fertiliser and trading businesses, among others.

“This milestone transaction demonstrates the trust and confidence placed in Adnoc by the global investment community and unlocks significant value from our pipeline portfolio, following last year’s groundbreaking oil pipeline infrastructure investment partnership,” Al Jaber said.

“Today’s landmark investment signals continued strong interest in Adnoc’s low-risk, income-generating assets, and sets another benchmark for large-scale energy infrastructure investments in the UAE and the wider region. It solidifies Adnoc’s position as an attractive partner and reinforces the UAE’s track record as the region’s go-to foreign direct investment destination, even during the current unprecedented circumstances,” he added.

Adebayo Ogunlesi, Chairman and Managing Partner of GIP, said: “Adnoc’s gas network is a core piece of midstream infrastructure in the UAE and this transaction presents a unique opportunity to invest in an asset of this quality and importance while also supporting Adnoc in their smart growth strategy.”

“We are pleased to invest in this strategic pipeline system which serves as the critical link between UAE low-cost natural gas supply and robust in-country demand,” said Bruce Flatt, CEO, Brookfield Asset Management.

“This strategic transaction is attractive to Ontario Teachers’ as it provides us with a stake in a high-quality infrastructure asset with stable long-term cash flows, which will help us deliver on our pension promise,” said Ziad Hindo, Chief Investment Officer, Ontario Teachers’.

“Investing into Adnoc’s gas infrastructure and supporting Abu Dhabi’s energy initiatives reinforces our investment diversification strategy and demonstrates Korea’s growing presence in the global infrastructure space. I am confident this milestone transaction can become a stepping-stone to broaden Korean investments in the region,” said Young-Chae Jeong, Chairman & CEO of NH Investment & Securities.

Snam CEO, Marco Alverà, said: “With this strategic transaction, we strengthen our international footprint by entering a country and a region that are key to our sector. Our aim is to promote further cooperation opportunities, particularly in the energy transition.”

waheedabbas@khaleejtimes.com





Click here to read more news from @khaleejtimes

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_postmeta`

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_postmeta`

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_postmeta`

WordPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_25c8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `gfnews_postmeta`

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Please spend a minute

Gulflance Poll

Which is worst social media?
Vote Now
close-link

You're currently offline