CAIRO – 9 October 2019: The Supreme Council of Culture announced accepting applications for the 2019 Youssef Idris Short Story Competition, organized by the Competitions Department, headed by Magda Rifai.
The first-place winner will be awarded a prize of LE 50,000, while the second-place winner will be granted LE 30,000.
Conditions for participation come as follows:
– The awards are given to the best short story collections written by Egyptian nationals.
– The participating story’s first edition should have been published not more than 3 years ago.
– The contestant shall not submit the same collection to another contest until the result of the competition is announced. An acknowledgment letter must be attached and signed by the contestant.
– The contestant shall submit a declaration that he/she has not received any previous awards in other competitions for the submitted collection.
– The contestant must submit four copies of the story collection.
– The collection shall not be retrieved after submission.
The applicant must go to the Competitions Department at the Supreme Council of Culture to fill in the competition form and submit the story collection, in addition to a short CV on a CD, a photocopy of the national ID and a bank statement with the account number.
The applicant should also mail the aforementioned requirements to 1 Gabalaya St., Opera, Giza, Supreme Council of Culture.
The last day for submission is Nov. 30, 2019.