Kingdom’s Ministry of Haj and Umrah announces the move following the gradual resumption of Umrah earlier this month.
Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Haj and Umrah is fully prepared to welcome foreign Umrah pilgrims, according to Saudi Gazette.
According to the newspaper, the decision follows the successful and smooth resumption of the pilgrimage for citizens and expatriates inside the Kingdom,
Deputy Minister of Haj and Umrah for Umrah Affairs Abdul Rahman Shams told the Al Ekhbariya channel that that there are more than 700 Umrah companies ready to receive the foreign pilgrims.
According to Saudi Gazette, a total of 120,000 pilgrims have so far performed Umrah. Furthermore, 45,000 people have offered prayers at the Grand Mosque in Makkah during the current second phase of the gradual resumption of the Umrah service since October 18.
Shams said foreign pilgrims from outside Saudi Arabia will have to reserve their place in Umrah through licensed companies. He also stressed they would have to arrive in groups and not as individuals.
“The Eatmarna mobile app is exclusively for pilgrims from within the Kingdom. The ministry has started preparations together with Umrah companies and their approved agents abroad to receive pilgrims from abroad in the third phase, which will start on November 1 (Rabi Al Awwal 15).”
“We have not recorded any cases of coronavirus infection so far, and things are proceeding according to their plans,” he added.
Click here to read more news from @khaleejtimes