25.5 C
Kuwait City
April 9, 2020
Gulflance
Home » Coronavirus in UAE: 85 new cases reported – News
Khaleejtimes

Coronavirus in UAE: 85 new cases reported – News

Source link


This takes the total number of cases in the country to 333.

The UAE has announced 85 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of people infected to 333 as of Wednesday.

Dr. Farida Al Hosani, director of communicable diseases at the Department of Health in Abu Dhabi and the official spokesperson for the health sector in the UAE, said in a virtual press briefing on Wednesday that seven individuals have fully recovered from the infection, taking the total recoveries to 52.

These new cases were of various nationalities and among individuals who had close contact with cases announced previously, as well as people who returned from abroad.

All the patients are in a stable condition and receiving the necessary medical care.



Most of those infected range from the age of 20 to 44, just similar to other countries.

“There is a small rate of infection among the elderly, but the impact on them and those underlying medical issues is quite strong,” said Al Hosani.

She explained that the results of halting travel and international flights will take some time but she was hopeful that it will contribute to reductions in new cases of the coronavirus.

The UAE has recently taken drastic measures to combat the spread of coronavirus, including halting international flights and suspending the issuance of entry visas, resorting to remote working at most of the institutions, closing public venues and encouraging people to stay at home.

“We continue to urge the public to adhere to healthy practices in order to protect themselves, such as washing hands with soap and water, as well as covering the nose and mouth while coughing and sneezing.”

The official also advised people with respiratory illnesses to avoid public places.

The public has also been reminded to refrain from spreading rumours on social media and to take information from official sources only.

The official said UAE authorities will continue with the stay at home campaign to ensure that they combat the spread of Civil-19 epidemic.

ismail@khaleejtimes.com

Ismail Sebugwaawo







Click here to read more news from @khaleejtimes

Related posts

UAE visit visa holders relieved at stay extension announcement – News

gulflance

Coronavirus: Abu Dhabi suspends international patient care services – News

gulflance

UAE launches massive disinfection campaign against Covid-19 – News

gulflance

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Please spend a minute

Gulflance Poll

Which is worst social media?
Vote Now
close-link