Authorities encourage residents to stay home and order food online.
While the normal life is thrown out of gear due to the coronavirus pandemic and the subsequent lockdown, it is still imperative to follow safety rules especially as the holy month of Ramadan is set to begin.
The Dubai Municipality shared important shopping tips on their official Instagram account, encouraging staying home and ordering food online.
In the Instagram post, Dubai Municipality wrote: ‘Keep your family safe during Ramadan. #StayHome, make sure to order your food needs electronically, and don’t buy more than you can store to avoid wasting food. #RamadanKareem #DubaiMunicipality’.
Shopping tips to stay safe
1. Make a list of foods you’d like to buy in advance.
2. Be sure to buy dry food first and then fresh and frozen products.
3. Separate fruits and vegetables from raw foods.
4. Safely get rid of bags and outer covers.
5. Wipe cans with either antibacterial wipes or any home disinfectant (certified in Montaji System)
6. Reduce overfilling the refrigerator to ensure cooling process.
7. Don’t forget to clean the area used to sort and unload food items.
8. Wash your hands with soap and water after receiving delivery requests, and especially before and after preparing food.
Click here to read more news from @khaleejtimes