An Emirati mother has bravely rescued her baby boy and sister from a massive fire that broke out in their house at the Al Hili area in Al Ain.
The central operations room, alerted about the blaze, immediately dispatched firefighters, traffic patrols, ambulances, paramedics, and rescue teams. Brig Mohammed Al Kitbi, Director General of the Directorate General of Civil Defense in Abu Dhabi, said competent firefighters rushed to the scene in a record time.
“The Abu Dhabi firefighters cordoned off the site to prevent the flames from spreading to nearby houses,” he added.
Lauding the mother’s quick action, he said she rushed to the balcony of the second floor when she noticed the heavy smoke coming out from the ground floor.
“The mother’s response had protected her son and sister from certain death.”
Initial investigation blamed the fire on the air conditioner in one of the rooms downstairs, he stated.
The mother and her family were shifted to the nearest hospital for medical care.
More investigations are underway to identify the reasons behind the blaze, he said.
“It’s so important to check on electric appliances on a regular basis to ensure their safety and durability, particularly during hot weather.”