Regulations include requirements to obtain traffic permit from ITC before undertaking any construction work.
Abu Dhabi’s Integrated Transport Center (ITC) has announced the Traffic Detour Executive Regulations in the emirate, according to a statement issued by the Abu Dhabi Media Office on Wednesday.
The decision comes to ensure the highest safety standards on infrastructure projects. Additionally, it added that the new regulations will be applicable in Abu Dhabi from October 1, 2020, followed by Al Ain and Al Dhafra at the beginning of 2021.
Regulations include requirements to obtain traffic permit from ITC before undertaking any construction work that may result in traffic detours or affect road safety. It added that penalties will be issued for:
– Undergoing deep excavation that obstructs the right of the way without offering concrete barriers or not filling plastic barriers with water or sand.
– Parking vehicles working on the project that obstruct the right of the way or traffic safety
– Not avoiding safe pedestrian or cycling paths on the work site
– Not providing a safety official at the work site.
The ITC added that traffic permits can be obtained through the website: www.itc.gove.ae
Obtaining traffic permit from ITC is required before undertaking any construction work that might result traffic detours. Penalties against non-compliance will be enforced, to ensure public safety and protect public and private facilities and infrastructures.
– ???? ?????? ???????? (@admediaoffice) September 23, 2020
Click here to read more news from @khaleejtimes