1. Conduct special studies and tests to determine cause, type, extent and rate of corrosion in equipment.
2. Conduct metallurgical studies and investigations to determine causes and types of metal failure including stress corrosion cracking, mechanical and thermal fatigue, tensile and impact failures, stress rupture, brittle fracture, hydrogen damage due to physical and constitutional changes, cavitation’s and other causes.
3. Prepare reports with recommendations for preventing corrosion and metal deterioration by means of material selection and by means of protective coatings, fibre-glassing, inhibitors, anti-foulants etc. and follows up and monitors action of others in implementing approved recommendations.
4. Analyze data on metals and makes recommendations where alternative metals can be substituted with advantage.
5. Estimate service life of equipment based on corrosion rates as needed.
6. Imparts orientation / training to fresh engineers and technicians.
7. Work within the team as Marketing-Sales Engineer
8. Possess thorough knowledge of the product, product features and product comparison with competitors. Establish good knowledge of market, and market mechanisms.
9. Coordinate and supervise all sales programs and activities related to surface protection and coating in order to achieve maximum market penetration.
10. Coordinate and supervise all maintenance programs and activities in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
11. Participate in implementing the annual business plans and expense budget for the sales and services effort in the company.
12. Implement the policies, procedures necessary to become recognized for superior customer satisfaction.
13. Manage the company marketing activities, identify and develop potential new customers, and personally manage existing key customers.
14. Identify/ create new business opportunities to generate additional revenue.
15. Keep track of market trends, competitor activities.
16. Prepare the local purchase order & quotation on a regular basis
17. Update each price list regularly.
18. Interact with the senior management for determining the sales goals and planning strategies to achieve the assigned target.
19. Handle Tenders and maintain relationships with the existing clients.
20. Communicate with the management, clients, suppliers and the whole business network through direct meeting, calls, emails and letters/fax.
21. Process incoming orders and handling customer related issues.
22. Analyze competitive product offerings in terms of features and benefits as well as pricing.
23. Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
24. Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
25. Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
26. Participate in controlling expenses to meet budget guidelines.
27. Oversee and manage all spray operations
28. Attend industry conferences and expos to build market presence and brand recognition 29. Prepare Business offers, strategies, quotes and follow up with clients.
30. Training will be provided for you to develop and become a product specialist enabling you to become the industry expert in your region
31. Work with our internal team including estimators and engineering to develop solutions for our clients
32. Lead and manage teams, and nurture a positive, creative, problem-solving environment
1. B.E. in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or related subjects with minimum 4 years of experience in surface coating and protection.
2. KSE certification is an added advantage.
3. Deep technical understanding, as well as, industrial process experience related to coatings to develop product and processes with the appropriate physical properties as per marketplace requirements.
4. A detailed understanding of surface science and surface engineering including coating application, surface topography, interaction with environmental chemistry, and extensive practical knowledge of experimental design and characterization techniques should also be in your portfolio.
5. Concentration on coating knowledge (with a strong understanding of anti-reflective, anti-glare, and Easy-to Clean coatings) for product and process development. A focus on reflective uniformity, as well as, color uniformity regarding anti-reflective coatings specifications. Ability to work across both the adhesion, as well as, durability regarding Easy-to-Clean coating capability.
6. Understanding surface chemistry’s role in downstream processes, chemical durability and product lifetime. Focus will also include material and/or process evaluations, qualifications, transfer to manufacturing, and/or deep technical problem solving.
7. Strong hands-on experience in pre-coating cleaning and surface preparation methodologies.
8. Proven solutions-focused sales professional
9. Able to engage with clients to identify opportunities
10. Able to interpret specifications and drawings and articulate requirements to internal team 11. Able to prepare winning proposal documents and quotations
12. Strong mechanical aptitude would be well regarded
13. Loyal, self-motivated, well-presented and driven
14. Able to learn, develop and succeed in industry sales
15. Work autonomously in a team environment
16. Proven stable work history
17. Strong focus on customer service and satisfaction
18. Results oriented and high level of commitment
19. Kuwait Driving License is a must.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Mechanical Engineering
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma