Senior Accountant Duties:
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
Finance Manager Duties:
- Record/Journalize daily receipts and disbursements, and other non-cash transactions of the company.
- Supervise preparation of monthly commission and salary payments.
- Prepare monthly financial statements such as Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Statement of Profit and Loss, Cash Flow Statement, Bank Reconciliation and other required financial reports.
- Analyze and reconcile account balances and maintain its supporting documents and schedules such as Asset Register, Prepayment Schedule, and Schedule of Post-dated Cheque issued, Accounts and Loans Payable, and Cash Advances.
- Monitor the cash standing of all bank accounts and transact with bank on matter such as deposits, withdrawals and transfers.
- Prepare Cash Flow Forecast.
- Prepare Score Card for each Agent.
- Prepare budget and analyze the variances against the actual expenses.
- Supervise and assess the work of staff and direct the activities of the Accounting Unit.
- Create and implement various controls to strengthen the internal control of the Company.
- Prepare communications/correspondences related to Accounting Unit.
- Implement measures for controlling the book closing procedures so that the cycle time for the process is reduced and the quality within the process is improved, with the result the management receives reliable and relevant information on a timely basis.
- Develop and implement a cost accounting system appropriate to the production operations of the company
- Control corporate funds & securities and receipts & disbursements and ensure timely depositing of all money.
- Maintain day-to-day operating contacts with banks and insurance company. Ensure that appropriate letters of credit, letters of guarantee and insurance certificates are obtained promptly so that the operations of the company run smoothly.
- Ensure financial requirement of the company is met by obtaining loans and credit facilities from commercial banks and financial institutions.
Senior Accountant skills:
- Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
Finance Manager Skills:
- (5+) Years’ Experience as Finance Manager, experience in finance, budgeting, forecasting, accounting, analyses and financial reporting.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance/Banking.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of accounting principles. including the evaluation of financial policies, systems and procedures
- Ability to formulate, document and implement financial administrative policies, procedures and systems
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional working relationships
- Understanding of internal control procedures.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft office suite and experience using financial software and spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Transferable residence.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Other Business Support Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Accounting and Auditing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Residence Location