· Conduct inspection and survey at site to ensure compliance with required safety standards and monitor the company’s work permit system procedures.
· Suspends work progress if immediate danger exists or consult with Company Area Safety Engineer.
· Monitor work permit system, check work in progress and work permits to ensure proper filling up and closing of permits.
· Report accidents/near-misses involving lost man-hours, property damage, personal injury and report to Company Area Safety Engineer.
· Submit monthly accident report including working man-hours and near-misses to Company Safety Section. Data compilation and report shall be made regarding ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18000 etc.
· Distribute Safety Sign at hazardous locations in his area.
· Inspect regularly all Safety equipment for good operating condition, report faulty equipment to Company Safety Section and ensure prompt corrective action.
· Ensure the availability of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for every material or chemical in site.
· Maintain good housekeeping at work site, workshops and contractor site offices.
· Coordinate monthly meeting of employees of his company and discuss safety performance for improvement.
· Coordinate traffic safety and orderly transportation of contractor’s employees during peak hours and normal time.
· Closely liaise with Company Safety section on daily activities and special requirements and all other matters of interest.
Qualification & Experience:
a) Electrical Engineering Graduate (B.Sc. Electrical Engineering) or equivalent from a University recognized by Kuwait Society of Engineers & Diploma in Industrial Safety with minimum Five (5) years’ experience in Operation & Maintenance of plants, Industrial Safety in a Chemical, Petroleum, Petrochemical plant.
b) Have adequate training / experience to co-ordinate and train personnel on first aid and use of personal protective equipment such as SCBA etc.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Residence Location