Objectives of the role
· Ensure that the Company’s operation is running in full compliance with all laws and regulations, as well as professional standards, business best practices, and internal policies and procedures.
· Assist the Head of Risk & Compliance in managing designated activities and tasks in the Risk & Compliance Department which are necessary to meet the Risk & Compliance Department’s objectives and Risk Processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
· Develop and review company policies.
· Review, follow up & work iclosely with finance Dept regarding the financial audits.
· Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
· Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
· Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible risks and areas of improvements.
· Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
· Manage and oversee the monitoring of non – financial compliance requirements.
· Follow up with business on action plans for outstanding audit issues.
· Assist Head of Risk and Compliance in the responses to compliance and performance audits that are conducted by third party.
· Investigate and Coordinate responses to queries and issues, implementing action plans for gaps identified and finalizing reports.
Follow up Action
Assist Head of Risk and Compliance in maintaining a single ‘Audit Issues Register’ for all actions required as a result of weaknesses identified in the audit reports.
Identify a target date for addressing each item and allocate responsibility to a named individual. Agree with each individual the exact action that needs to be taken to monitor progress until the matter is fully resolved.
Provide review feedbacks for annual updates to Company’s risk Management framework and Risk Control Profile Register in accordance to changes in business environment.
Promptly furnish, complete and accurate financial and non-performance results (against such of the performance targets listed in the Asset Management Plan and Corporate Plan and any other performance criteria within the assigned area of responsibility) throughout the year and for the Half Yearly Report and the Annual Report.
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting/Finance (or similar).
3 – 6 years’ experience in similar role.
Reliability, honesty, integrity and trust.
A person who either already has or will rapidly obtain intimate understanding for the Company’s Whole business processes.
An Absolute ‘value for money’ – sustainable results – focus.
Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
Integrated way – and to be able to justify the stance taken by reasoned argument.
Excellent communication Skills in English both oral and written.
MS office proficiency
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Maritime & Marine Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Construction & Building
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Accounting and Auditing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3 Max: 6
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Min: 24 Max: 30