• To quality check each job with a purpose to ensure that all the jobs ordered by the Customer are completed with highest quality standard. There should be no room for a comeback for ordered or related jobs.
• Ensure that the Quality Control procedures are followed and Fix it Right at the First time is achieved at all times
• Carry out vehicle inspection and conduct road test ensuring compliance with agreed performance and quality standards and record the results
• Before taking any vehicle for road test, ensure each job is completed and there are no doubts about the work methods used. .Road test the vehicle to ensure symptoms reported by customer are not present. For intermittent complaints, ensure a hard fault was found by technician / team leader and was rectified before releasing the vehicle.
• Notify the Supervisors if any fault is found while carrying out quality check, and maintain records for the same
• Ensure quality checks on all vehicles and must report to Service Management on daily basis
• Carry out quality check by constantly visiting jobs in progress in service section
• Provide necessary assistance to the team members during the diagnosis process
• Study the descriptive write up by the technician and question the work methods used if required. Order dismantling or other forms of explanations to technicians if the quality of work carried out is doubtful. Randomly compare the tolerances used with manufacturer’s specifications and give appropriate feedback to Team Leaders. Also check the use of special tools for ensuring the quality of jobs.
• Under no circumstances a vehicle can be released when customer’s complaint cannot be reproduced unless the customer is called in and a joint test drive taken. It should be made absolutely clear whether a fault exists or the particular symptom is an acceptable characteristic of the vehicle. If so, it should be clearly communicated with an offer of test driving another vehicle of same model.
• If the customer concerns are not resolved by the workshop, the job should not be signed off. It should be returned to Team Leader. You should not come under any pressure to sign poor quality job under any circumstances.
• While quality checking customer vehicles, all additional jobs should be found and reported. If there is safety or reliability related job found, the vehicle cannot be signed off for delivery unless specifically approved by Service Manager.
• Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile technology
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the automotive service field (few years of technician experience is mandatory).
• Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Must have a good command of the English Language and Arabic is preferable
• Strong Mechanical / Electrical knowledge
• Basic computer knowledge is necessary
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Automotive Repair, Spare Parts, & Support Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Quality Control
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4 Max: 6
- Residence Location
- Certification / diploma
Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile technology