· Ensure timely supply & manage a wide variety of administrative activities related to purchases, contracting services, sourcing of cost effective goods and meeting quality standards in Compliance to Kuwaiti laws and regulations.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the respective department by providing expertise, encouraging and ensuring teamwork, and aligning work processes in order to achieve high performance standards, meet established targets and objectives, and ensure employee engagement in a motivated work environment.
· Contribute to the development of Shared Services Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines, and participate in overseeing their implementation to ensure that all procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a high quality and cost-effective service to internal customers.
· Manage the tendering process and ensure alignment of the respective activities with the set policies & procedures.
· Monitor the efficient delivery of Procurement services in order to ensure that purchase requisitions are processed efficiently at competitive terms to meet the end user specifications and requirements.
· Monitor the timely and efficient completion of all procurement processes and documentation in accord with the delegated authority to comply with the company approved procurement cycle and meets the commercial objectives.
· Develop and maintain durable relationships with suppliers in order to facilitate procurement transactions which meet the company objectives in contingent circumstances, maintaining high levels of service to the end user.
· Negotiate with Suppliers to get the best value for money; Resolve any disputes that may arise, to the best advantage of the company, in order to achieve an amicable solution and settlement.
· Ensure that records associated with inventory tracking, ordering / re-ordering, and budget tracking are maintained as per company norms/procedures
· Generate regular and special reports for the Shared Services Director that summarize and forecast business activities and financial position of the Procurement function and escalate critical issues to provide effective recommendations in meeting the key challenges.
· Provide professional advice to the Shared Services Director on various Procurement related initiatives and issues to keep him / or her informed and abreast of relevant developments.
· Coordinate with other departments to understand purchasing requirement of supplies/goods and develop sourcing strategy for the same.
· Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of section systems, processes, and practices while taking into account international best practice, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity improvement.
· Bachelor’s Degree with Minimum 3 years of experience in the same field.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in English and Arabic
· Planning and organization skills
· Good negotiation skills
· Sound decision making
· Team working skills
· High level of accuracy
· High level precision in working
· Ability to work under pressure
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Home Accessories & Decor
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3 Max: 5
- Residence Location
- Algeria; Bahrain; Comoros; Djibouti; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Mauritania; Morocco; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; United Arab Emirates; Yemen
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Min: 25 Max: 40
Procurement and Management