Under general supervision, provides instructional support services by performing technical work in a microbiology and virology laboratory. Also performs related duties as required.
This position are assigned duties requiring considerable technical knowledge and ability in the assigned field of specialization. Incumbents are expected to exercise independent judgment in the performance of duties and are responsible.
1. PCR experience
2. This role is responsible for setting up laboratory tests for viral examination. This includes retrieving viral specimen samples and preparing them for testing as appropriate. Microbiology / Virology technicians assess whether specimens meet laboratory standards, document any quality issues, and ensure materials are properly discarded.
3. Microbiology / Virology technicians are expected to review and report results of virological analyses in a timely manner. It is also required that they communicate results with a Virology MD or Microbiology MD.
4. Technicians must know how to execute internal and universal safety precautions, which assume that all blood and body fluids are infectious. A person in this role should be very knowledgeable of these laboratory guidelines, as it is vital to avoiding the risk of harm to the technician as well as the potential to negatively impact laboratory results.
5. Microbiology / Virology technicians play a large role in the upkeep of the laboratory. This can include managing lab inventory, preparing and cleaning lab instruments, ensuring all work areas are clean, and performing clerical duties as necessary.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Other Healthcare Services; Medical Hospital
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Residence Location