The Marketing & PR Officer oversees the company’s marketing and PR campaigns both internally and externally and plays a key part in communicating the organization’s marketing message. Responsible for all marketing strategies and PR activities within the company. Oversees the Marketing & PR Department and provides direction and feedback on major projects. Involved in key decisions regarding product distribution, budgeting, branding, and sales. Works with other internal departments and external parties to set the overall direction and objectives for product and service offerings.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Prepare, plan and project manage the publication of all public materials to maximize brand promotion.
2. Create marketing campaigns and work with the company’s external PR agency to see them executed.
3. Create and develop new innovative ways to communicate the company message to their existing and potential customers.
4. Contribute to the target annual sales and marketing plan.
5. Plan and project manage the marketing events and evaluate their success.
6. Evaluate the effectiveness of all marketing activities.
7. Develop and implement an internal marketing program.
8. Plan, develop and deliver campaigns as agreed within timescales and assigned budget.
9. Act as the highest-ranking employee in the marketing department.
10. Assist in the interviewing, hiring, and training of key marketing staff members, including marketing managers and consultants.
11. Research and analyze market trends, competitor offerings, demographics, and other information that affects marketing strategies and product offerings.
12. Use research findings and analysis to provide direction to top management regarding upcoming marketing projects, new products and services, and overall strategy.
13. Identify areas for improvement in product offerings, sales tactics, marketing strategy, and promotional activities.
14. Approve all marketing campaigns and plans before they are implemented.
15. Weigh in on important decisions involving product advertising, packaging, media channels, and branding.
16. Develop, maintain and monitor the department’s budget and ensure all marketing activities are cost-effective.
17. Work with other internal departments to establish budgets and marketing objectives.
18. Develop, update and maintain the department’s company policies and procedures.
19. Attend meetings with the other internal departments and understand the details of the products and discuss strategies with them.
20. Organize and attend events, press conferences, open days and exhibitions for the promotion of products and capture potential new markets.
21. Create media releases and press releases and assist in product and service offerings presentations.
1. Network and meet with related parties to know about the latest trends in the market.
2. Negotiate and review the contracts with service providers when required.
3. Prepare and update the products’ marketing materials used for the marketing purpose such as leaflets, posters, DVD’s, and advertisements in television, magazine, web site, showrooms, third party sales platform, mobile applications and newspapers, etc.
4. Prepare monthly expenditure report of the advertisements, promotions events and all types of expenses involved in marketing a product.
5. Develop, update and maintain the job description of all functions in the department.
6. Prepare reports for top management on a periodic basis showing the impact of marketing campaigns on sales growth and awareness.
7. Speak publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations when required.
8. Provide clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress.
9. Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising.
Address inquiries from the media and other parties.
1. Previous experience in a similar marketing role, minimum 5 years
Education Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
1. A graduate or post graduate degree in Business Administrations with specialization in Marketing or Finance
2. Strong and confident communicator
3. Excellent copywriting skills and experience
4. Design skills including graphics and web design
5. In-Depth market research and analysis
6. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
7. Proficient communication skills and ability to negotiate with the clients and the advertising agencies
8. Expert marketing skills and ability to implement new and innovative marketing strategies
9. Motivating, leadership quality and should believe in team work and collective efforts
10. Good presentation skills and sound mathematical and statistical skills.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Other Business Support Services
- Company Type
- Job Role
- Marketing and PR
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma