Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of strategic objectives and KPIs for the IT Division in line with Company’s strategy and ensure that the Department’s employees are working towards the achievement of these objectives.
- Participate in the review of the Division’s operating results and take appropriate measures to correct insufficient results
- Develop the IT Infrastructure and IT Technical Support sections annual budget and ensure all employees are working within the assigned budget by setting the required targets and responsibilities.
- Develop and ensure implementation of the IT Infrastructure and IT Technical Support sections policies and processes in order to achieve the IT Department’s objectives.
- Plan, schedule, and control the activities involved in the installation and administration of IT infrastructure to ensure smooth business operations and fulfilment of DHAMAN’s operations need.
- Consult with department heads, management, vendors, and other IT sections to determine DHAMAN’s entire need of hardware, software, networks, internet, data centres (power, cooling and building elements necessary to support hardware), facilities and related equipment used to develop, test, operate, monitor, manage and/or support information technology services.
- Manage and monitor various aspects of network connectivity (LANs, WANs, and wireless) and servers (Exchange Servers and Internet Servers) to provide online and continuous services to DHAMAN’s corporate office and business units.
- Develop, document and implement appropriate database systems standards, policies, and support procedures.
- Manage and monitor the design, development, documentation and prioritization of strategies and architecture for supporting DHAMAN’s database and application server infrastructure.
- Ensure implementation of backup and recovery procedures for DHAMAN’s database systems, application servers and enterprise software systems.
- Manage the configuration and installation of communications and PC hardware and software, and ensure effective problem diagnosis.
- Ensure proper recording and tracing log of all IT related devices including serial numbers, number of licenses, and owners of each device.
- Ensure that IT staff have applied all needed software/firmware/hardware updates to servers.
- Manage Problems/major incidents, to ensure that these are diagnosed, logged and escalated to appropriate and consistent quality standard and ensure incident management KPIs, e.g. resolution time, in the service level agreements are fulfilled and ensure timely resolution of incidents and problems
- Review trends analysis of recurring Problems/Incidents – extract trends on Incident/problem types, key problem areas, departments, applications, hardware types, etc.
- Hold regular meetings with IT technical support team to review recurring Problems and final resolutions; review ‘Escalation Reports’ on recurring issues and issues not being resolved.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the incident and problem management process and make recommendations for improvements.
- Oversee technical support staff reallocation across Company’s business units (Primary Healthcare Centres) and make necessary arrangement to ensure continuity of operations during the absence or leave of the any of the staff in coordination with Business Units (Primary Healthcare Centres) Administration.
- Administer, evaluate and recommend agreements with vendors for outside services including cabling, data storage, equipment maintenance and repair, software support, and other services, and ensure quality and cost effectiveness.
- Perform other duties related to the job as assigned by the Direct Manager
Qualifications and Certifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration with technology as a core component would be an advantage.
- IT certifications like Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, etc. would be an advantage
- Minimum of 7–10 years of experience in the same or related field
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Medical Hospital
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma