The IT System Support Officer is responsible to ensure the smooth operation of information, communication and technology services and infrastructure. To provide technical support, advice and training to staff and to assist them effectively to use software, hardware and network services. Perform other tasks as assigned by the Unit Head Data Center & IT Support.
1. To provide first line assistance to users when problems with systems arise
2. To help and resolve issues immediately or to log and escalate as appropriate
3. Diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application problems.
4. To ensure that all system and process issues and incidents are logged in the helpdesk system and tracked and closed upon completion of the task.
5. To work with managers and staff from across the community to build the confidence of end users in the new system.
6. Installing and configuring computer hardware, telephone, video conferencing, desktop, operating system and applications
7. POS and POS related software applications and configurations.
8. Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
9. Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
10. Supporting the roll-out of new applications
11. Setting up new users accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
12. Responding within agreed time limits to call outs.
13. Prioritizing and managing many open case at one time
14. Testing and evaluating new technology to help improve the efficiency
15. Perform other tasks as assigned by direct manager.
Good attention to details and accuracy
Methodical approach to organization and delivery of tasks
Good command of written and spoken English (Arabic is a plus)
Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to deal with different personalities and levels of understanding and to build good working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Medical Hospital
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3 Max: 5
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma