Candidate must be a motivated, hardworking individual who will perform work with heavy equipment, including excavators and grapple crane for our metal recycling facility.
Candidate must be able to work by themselves and with coworkers. Must be respectful of company policy, safety minded and attentive to provided assets and equipment
Work is outdoors. Exposed to all weather elements.
3+ years of experience with operations of cranes and excavators in any metallurgical plant
Internal transfer to other plants within Kuwaitsteel like Steelplant, rolling mill, lime plant in a similar position possible after proven qualification and expirience
– Experience in handling heavy excavators and scrap hander (Liebherr, Sennobogen etc….) & other material handling equipment (pay loader, forklift etc..),
– Operate cranes to load and unload trucks and containers.
– Use crane to move materials throughout facility/yard.
– Recognize and remove contaminating materials.
– Recognize and separate different grades of scrap.
– Receive ,organize and store imported scrap/local scrap & dispatch accordance with the production requirement.
– Responsible for general maintenance of crane, grapple and magnet
– Complies with all safety and audit functional guidelines with daily monitoring logbook and inform discrepancies.
– Actively participates process improvement to reduce the operating cost.
– May be assigned to assist non-ferrous
– May be assigned to general yard housekeeping duties.
– May assist in maintenance as needed.
– May fulfil other duties as directed
– May operate other movable equipment based on qualification, experience and need of the company
– Fill out necessary checklists and paperwork as needed.
– Report all safety concerns to supervision.
– Scrap metal/waste experience is a plus.
– The successful candidate would have to work on continuous rotational 8 hour shifts with a week off per every six days.
– 30 days of annual leave after successful passing probation period and home leave allowance, other attractive allowances
– Candidate must pass general health and drug screening, eye test, audiometric test and background check
– work experience certificates
– educational certificates
– english fluency
– Experience in handling heavy excavators and scrap hander (Liebherr, Sennobogen etc….) & other material handling equipment (pay loader, forklift etc.)
– 3+ years of experience with operations of cranes and excavators with a capacity
– Middle East Working expirience,
– A valid Driver’s License, a home of country heavy duty driver’s license for operating construction equipment,
– readyness to work in shifts
– Good communication skills in English – both oral and written
– Experience with material handling equipment (forklifts) is a plus
– Basic mechanical knowledge preferred.
- Job Location
- Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Heavy Industry & Metallurgy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Accounting and Auditing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,000 – $1,500
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- High school or equivalent