1. Directs and supervises Nursing services personnel within the Emergency Room in accordance with the Hospital, governmental bodies (MOH) and other regulatory standards.
2. Prepares work schedules and assigns personnel.
3. Conducts daily inspection of assigned patient care areas for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, infection control and risk management standards, and takes corrective actions/ makes recommendations where violations occur in order to remedy the situation.
4. Evaluates work performance and makes recommendations.
5. Directs maintenance of departmental facilities, equipment, supplies and materials to promote efficiency, health, comfort, and safety of patients and staff.
6. Ensures adequate supply of consumable and non-consumable items for patient care requirements through a systematic inventory and ordering process.
7. Establish and maintain inventories of equipments and other supplies and ensures that par levels are maintained.
8. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with Hospital standards.
9. Ensures accurate maintenance of patients’ medical records and confidentiality of information contained therein.
10. Prepares written documentation as required by the Nursing department, and maintains appropriate records and statistics as directed.
11. Formulates departmental monthly report as directed by the Department.
12. Assists in the preparation of the fiscal budget and makes appropriate recommendation.
13. Contributes in the implementation of total Quality Management programmes, aimed at best practice methods within a climate of customer focus.
14. Consults with Nursing Administration concerning management of assigned areas and all related matters.
15. Participates in the development and implementation of departmental goals & objectives, philosophy and mission statement.
16. Provides staff development and education programmes in consultation with Area Nursing Supervisor & Clinical instructor
17. Assists in the process of selection, orientation and training, and initiates performance evaluation of emergency department personnel.
18. Plans and conducts regular unit meetings and maintain minutes of meetings.
19. Attends Nursing Management meetings and other meetings as required, and participates on committees as requested.
Performs other related duties as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor.
7 years’ clinical experience, preferable with 5 years in Emergency Care facility. 3 years’ work experience as a Head/In-charge for Emergency/Ambulatory Care service (which includes OPD) and /or 2 years in Supervisory post.
Service for more than 5 years in NMH is preferred.
- Job Location
- Hawali, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Medical Hospital
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Min: 30 Max: 49