Merchandise Financial, Strategic and Assortment Planning
· Maximise Sales and profitability for the Company.
· Determine high-level inventory goals, taking into account financial plans, in-season projections, open-to-buy management, and brand budgets; working closely alongside Commercial Managers and Supply Chain team.
· Prepare and monitor inventory and merchandise analytics based on historical trends, actual sales, sales forecasts, company order parameters, inventory checks, forth coming events, replenishment needs, etc.
· Ensure creation of merchandise plans for all brands based on insights gained from merchandise analytics, historical trends and outlook projected by the Commercial Managers and retailers.
· Discuss, call-out, and suggest freezing the merchandise strategic plans around the following factors:
o Financials – Sales, Stock, OTB, Margins, Forward Cover etc.
o Store – Level Sales, Order Quantity, Allocation, Replenishment etc.
o Assortment – Style, Price, Brand, Supplier etc.
· Ensure effective in-season management across territories (stock balancing, markdown management, stock analysis, stock vs sales performance).
· Alongside Finance team, review the merchandise plans on a routine, periodic basis to ensure profit is maximized and maintained to reach target levels.
· Keep abreast of the latest trends in Merchandise Planning and discuss the same with the Company Directors from time to time to assess alignment / realignment of existing processes.
Inventory Stock Optimization
· Ensure optimum inventory levels are maintained at Warehouse Facilities/Territories keeping in mind retailer and store requirements, as well as working capital constraints.
· Ensure that no instances of stock outs occur on account of any discrepancy on part of merchandise planning.
· Ensure excess inventory is not maintained at the warehouses or the stores and there is proper adherence to the concept/territory ageing policy.
· Provide inputs on the expected margins, possible price points and other parameters for promotions within the product category.
· Alongside Finance team, analyse the effectiveness of the promotions in achieving the targeted levels of sales and margins.
· Analyse the existing stock levels and liaise with the Supply Chain/Commercial/VM team for timely roll out of promotional campaigns to maintain the territory / warehouse inventory holding norms as well to achieve targeted sales.
· Ensure effective in-season management through regular analysis and action planning across concept and territory based on the performance around the following anchors:
o Sales vs Stock
o Stock analysis
o Stock balancing
o Margin analysis
· Communicate and facilitate action to be taken on out of line situations with territory Commercial and Supply Chain Managers.
· Monitor Manage and Improvise Planning Systems.
· Ensure adequate merchandise performance.
· 5 years’ experience in Stock Planning with in-depth understanding of financial analysis and reporting.
· Proficient communication skills
· Reliable, efficient, takes initiative and understands confidentiality.
· Flexible approach to working hours taking on ancillary duties as the business requires.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Perfume & Cosmetics
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma