Conducts copy writing for the whole range of media communication channels (Magazines, Newspapers, PRs articles, etc.). Understands customers/customer segments and their respective needs and emphasizes these needs in the respective PR texts. Is the bilingual expert on translating PRs from and to Arabic and English, while understanding the communication sensitivities of Corporate Communication, Company and the region and OPCos.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Writes copy & texts for the whole range of PR communication (Magazines, Newspapers, Internet articles etc.).
2. Carries responsibility for effective wording for PR communication texts in order to encourage consumers to have a positive opinion about Company and its products & services.
3. Bilingually translates English PR to Arabic and vice-versa.
4. Understands needs/ requirements of specific target segments.
5. Works with other sections across the business to ensure that delivery is to the right specifications, on time and within budget.
6. Research the technical properties of subject of PRs.
7. Update media with timely content.
8. Content generation and development for press releases.
9. Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed or directed by Specialist/Media Handling.
10. Respond to feedback in a timely manner.
11. Work within tight deadlines.
12. Monitor and change press releases to change effectiveness.
13. Check copy for spelling and grammar errors.
14. Work with media and the project owners to fully develop the press release narrative.
15. Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends.
16. Explore different ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements in tandem with the project team.
17. Work with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies to complete the press release.
18. Write press releases on products/services as well as corporate matters.
19. Writing all English content including press releases, features, opinion pieces, Q&A, speeches, speaking points during events, reviewing content from departments, award nominations-
20. Pitching relevant Company stories (including new services or a new development) to media.
21. Pitching interviews for Company spokespeople during important events or major product/service launches.
22. Proactively pitch for Company in monthlies.
23. Work closely with the marketing departments to plan ahead on new launches and positioning of new services and also the department.
24. Respond regularly to all complaints coming via the media (especially all the mainline dailies).
• the ability to write good, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar
• strong analytical skills
• excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
• the ability to form strong working relationships quickly
• logic, creativity and imagination
• the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• strong organizational skills
• self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt
• confidence, enthusiasm and determination
• accuracy and attention to detail
• the resilience to accept criticism of your work
• commercial awareness with the ability to understand the target audience
• an interest in popular culture, new trends and styles
• good research skills
- Job Location
- Al Farawaniyah, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Real Estate
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Writing and Journalism
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Advertising/ Communications/ Media