The core purpose of the job is to identify and procure the goods and services that our organization requires. They need to gather information on external material demands of the organization, find suppliers and services providers who can supply these goods, negotiate for prices and arrange for the purchase and delivery of the goods.
Duties & Responsibilities included but not limited to:
Gather Purchasing Needs. Work with other parts of the organization to gather purchasing needs, and take orders from within the organization.
Involve in procurement activities which includes preparing purchase orders, supporting supplier evaluation and confirmation of supplier deliverables, resolving issues, and collaborating with Operation teams to understand requirements and delivery time-lines.
Prepare and execute all required supplier documents.
Maintain pricing tracker to ensure competitive pricing. Do basic analysis to identify areas of potential cost reduction and inform the impact of pricing changes for goods and services.
Negotiate with Suppliers directly to get the best possible pricing and payment options.
Prepare purchase orders and issue them to suppliers after proper approvals.
Assist in the receipt of purchased materials and services, and keep detailed records of purchases and stocks. Carefully monitor deliveries and follow-up any past due shipments.
Build relationships with suppliers and manage their performance. Conduct routine supplier evaluation for performance and compliance.
Prepare and Maintain weekly reports and submit to the supervisor.
Scout for new suppliers who can provide better service/product at better cost efficiency and delivery time. Introduce them to the Procurement Manager.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
– Excellent negotiation, customer service and interpersonal skills
– Strong market knowledge of Kuwait.
– Experience in working across various businesses is advantageous, but not mandatory
– Working knowledge of Oracle E-Business suite or any financial systems used within large organizations.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Motor Vehicle Passenger Transport; Warehousing
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma