38 C
Kuwait City
June 6, 2020
Gulflance
Home » 17-year-old girl electrocuted after charging her phone with frayed extension cable – News
Khaleejtimes

17-year-old girl electrocuted after charging her phone with frayed extension cable – News

Source link


The teenager was killed instantly and was found lying still in her bedroom by her mother.

A 17-year-old girl from Thailand was electrocuted while playing on her mobile phone which was plugged into the charger using a damaged cable.

Nong Ying, from Chaiyaphum in northeastern Thailand, was using her mobile phone on her bed which had metal frames.

According to reports in Daily Mail, the girl suffered an electric shock after her frayed extension cable, which was wrapped with duct tape, came in contact with one of the legs of the metal bed.

The teenager was killed instantly and was found lying still in her bedroom by her mother Boonpeng Tuponchai, 47. The grieving mother said that she thought her daughter was asleep on the floor and tried to wake her up but felt a minor electrical shock when she touched her body.

Investigating officer, Police Captain Khanti Peansoongnern, said, “I think the old power strip provided an electrical leakage which ran to the bed, either through the soil on the ground, or directly touching the metal.”





Click here to read more news from @khaleejtimes

Related posts

US envoy to India apologises for desecration of Gandhi statue during George Floyd protests – News

gulflance

Coronavirus news bulletin from UAE: 490 new cases confirmed; new law on national safety; BIE agrees to postpone Dubai Expo 2020 – News

gulflance

UAE’s NMC Health becomes takeover target; BR Shetty’s stake under legal review – News

gulflance

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Please spend a minute

Gulflance Poll

Which is worst social media?
Vote Now
close-link

You're currently offline